25 Oct Sausages with cranberry chutney and leek mash
Sausages with cranberry chutney and leek mash
A Glendale favourite and super simple! This tasty recipe puts a real twist on a classic combo. Combining some festive flavours to create the perfect winter warmer now the cold weather is drawing in!
- 1 kg potatoes , peeled and halved
- olive oil
- Unsalted butter
- 2 leeks
- 200 ml milk
- 1 sprig fresh sage , leaves picked
- 2 red onions
- 1 good handful of frozen cranberries
- 5 cm piece fresh ginger , grated
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 8 Premium quality pork sausages
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Cook the potatoes in simmering water for 15 minutes, or until cooked through. Drain, cover and set aside.
- Meanwhile, add a nub of butter to a saucepan and add the sliced leeks. Cook gently until soft. Add the milk and bring to the boil then turn the heat off and add to the potatoes. Mash well and season to taste. Cover and set aside.
- Preheat the grill to medium. Add a splash of oil to a frying pan over a medium heat and fry the sage leaves until crisp. Remove and set aside. Add some more oil to the pan and sauté the onions for 5 minutes, then add the cranberries, cinnamon and a splash of water. Simmer for 10–15 minutes, stirring, until the onions are soft and the chutney has reduced. Add the ginger and vinegar and cook for 30 seconds. Season, then remove the cinnamon stick.
- Meanwhile, pop the sausages under the grill for 15 minutes, turning, until cooked. Serve all together.