25 Oct Chorizo whirl with braised lentils and prosciutto ham
Chorizo whirl with braised lentils and prosciutto ham
Double down on pork with this delicious recipe. A hearty combination of lentils, prosciutto, and chorizo makes for a great meal on a colder night. Plus, this protein-rich dish will keep you full and energised throughout the evening. Bon appetit!
- 200 g small green lentils
- Bouquet garni
- 2 cloves garlic , peeled
- 50 – 100ml red wine
- Olive oil
- 1 kg Chorizo whirl
- A bunch of fresh sage
- 8 slices prosciutto
- Cube of chicken stock
- Give the lentils a wash and place them in a casserole-type pan. Pour the red wine and add water till cover the lentils, add a bouquet garni and the garlic cloves in. Bring everything to boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes to 1 hour, stirring occasionally until tender – you want the lentils to be soft and a pleasure to eat but still holding their shape. Keep an eye on the pan as they cook to make sure they don’t dry out and add the chicken stock (dissolved in water) if so.
- When the lentils are nearly cooked, remove the bouquet garni, and drain some of the cooking liquid, not all of it. Mush up the garlic, and stir it in then seasoning carefully to taste. Keep warm.
- To cook the chorizo rings, rub with olive oil then put on the medium-hot grill rack or oven. Keep moving them around at the beginning.
- Once the rings have had 15 minutes and you think they’re nearly cooked, place them on the lentil pan. Lay your sage leaves over them and drizzle with olive oil. You can add your prosciutto and finish all together in the same pan.
- Pile everything back into a large dish to serve.