25 Oct Breakfast sausage Lorne sandwich
Breakfast sausage Lorne sandwich
What better way to start the day than with the king of all sausage sandwiches? With added caramelised onions and cherry tomatoes, this really does feel like a little bit of luxury.
- 4 premium sausage Lorne
- 7 – 8 Sliced button mushrooms
- Bunch of fresh parsley
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 free range eggs
- 2 slices of smoked back bacon
- 1 fresh tomato, thick sliced
- Vegetable oil
- Place the sausages and the sliced tomato on a rack and cook under the grill on medium heat for 10 – 12 minutes. Turn them occasionally till cooked.
- While the sausages are cooking, pour some oil to a frying pan and heat. Add the garlic and cook for a minute then, add the mushrooms and stir. Add the parsley just before cooked. Season to taste and set aside.
- Once the sausages are done, set them aside and cook the slices of bacon for 3 – 4 minutes under the grill.
- Finally, fry the eggs as desired. I would suggest to don’t overcook the egg, leaving the yolk runny.
- Ensemble the sausages as shown. Serve with ketchup or brown sauce.